Friday, August 17, 2012

Who would be the best president?

"We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."

John Adams, 1798, Address to the militia of Massachusetts

----------------------------------------

From a strictly philosophical standpoint, leaving out the current election, and despite my libertarian leaning, I believe a free people must be led by religious people. But even though I am a Christian I would not limit the religion of a candidate to Christianity. I would be more likely to vote for a Mormon, Buddhist, or Muslim than an athiest. Our founders signed their names to a document acknowledging that our rights are endowed by a creator.  Without a higher power, all you have is rights granted by a government of corruptable people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My tweets